30 Years of Winning Results for Our ClientsOur Experienced Lawyers Handle All Aspects of Your Case, and Work Hard to Keep the Legal Process as Stress Free as Possible for You.
Philadelphia Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Although bicycling is a healthy and inexpensive mode of transportation, it unfortunately comes with real dangers. Cyclists have very little protection when on the road, and in an accident – such as a collision with a car – it’s the bicycle rider that often gets more serious injuries. Sadly, many bike crashes also lead to death.
In recent years, there has been an increase in efforts to make our streets safer for bicyclists, especially because more and more people now prefer cycling to get around. But many others who share the road with cyclists are still negligent enough to cause injurious accidents. What’s worse is that injured bicyclists often get blamed for the accidents themselves.
If you or someone you love has suffered from a bike accident and you believe someone else is responsible for it, don’t hesitate to call a lawyer and fight for the compensation you deserve. It may be challenging to hold a party liable for your bike crash, but the Brod Law Firm can get to the bottom of your accident, effectively build your case, and help you win.
Consult with the Brod Law Firm for free.
Philadelphia: More Bikes, More Crashes
You may have noticed that cycling has become more popular in Philly in the last several years. In fact, from 2005 to 2013, bicycling in the city grew by as much as 260 percent, according to a report from the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia. It’s no surprise then that Philadelphia is the number one big city in the US for bicycle commuting. Two of the nation’s top bicycling neighborhoods are also in our city: Center City and South Philly.
Along with this, statistics also show that bicyclists in the city have displayed much better behavior on the road: there has been a 95 percent increase in helmet use, 80 percent decrease in sidewalk riding, and 63 percent decrease in wrong-way riding.
Yet hundreds of bike crashes still occur on Philly roads and the number has been rising since 2012. In 2014 alone, there were 551 bike accidents in Philadelphia, an increase from 536 in 2013 and 488 in 2012.
Experts say that to make the city safer for bicyclists, Philadelphia has to have better traffic enforcement, improved intersections, and more protected bike lanes. There is also a need to crack down on speeding drivers as well as motorists who run red lights.
What To Do After A Bike Crash
It is unfortunate that no matter how responsible and law-abiding you are when riding your bike, there is still a chance that someone will cause an accident that injures you. When this happens, it’s important to stay calm and rational. Remember these crucial things to do after your crash:
- Seek medical help. Have a doctor assess and treat all your injuries, even if they only look like simple bruises. Many vehicle injuries seem negligible at first but later develop into more serious conditions. Knowing the full extent of the damage is essential in determining the compensation you are entitled to.
- Be careful when talking about the crash. Your words could be used to undermine your injury claim and lower the amount you receive. Avoid even apologizing. Politely decline to talk in detail about the accident until you are advised by a lawyer.
- Hire the right attorney. An experienced accident lawyer is vital in protecting your rights and fighting for your interests. Don’t worry about legal costs – a good lawyer will not waste your money and time, and instead achieve for you the results you really want.
Choose The Brod Law Firm
Many law firms offer knowledgeable and experienced legal services, but why should you choose the Brod Law Firm?
- In-depth experience for your advantage. Having previously worked in insurance related industries, our head attorney Gary Brod has firsthand experience as to how insurance companies truly value and assess risk in claims. Mr. Brod also worked in a law firm defending cases for several major insurance companies. During this time he gained intimate insider knowledge on how injury claims work. Mr. Brod soon realized that he was on the wrong side and that he wanted to help injured victims get fairly compensated.
- No recovery, no fee. You never have to make any out-of-pocket expenses to pay our lawyers. We charge absolutely no lawyer fee unless and until we win or settle for an amount on your behalf.
- Favorable results from case-specific dedication. Many accident law firms simply use a cookie-cutter approach in their cases. Not the Brod Law Firm. We diligently build the best strategies to apply to your particular case. This is why 90 percent of our Philadelphia vehicle accident cases end in satisfactory settlements for our clients.
- Personal attention that goes the extra mile. Literally. We’ll visit you at the hospital or at home for no charge. We’ll provide consistent and clear communication so you understand the developments in your case. This is our way of reducing the stress in your pursuit of justice, so you can focus on recovery.
Contact The Brod Law Firm
If you are considering making a bike accident claim, or have legal questions about your accident, don’t hesitate to talk to the Brod Law Firm. Your consultation with us is free. Contact us online or call our law office today.
Your Road to Justice
If you've been injured and would like to discuss your case with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers please fill out the form below.